All you need is paint in the color of your choice. Flat is preferable, but I used satin and it turned out great. You also need unsanded tile grout.
- Mix 1 cup paint with 2 T. of the grout in a small container. Be sure to mix it thoroughly.
- Apply paint to the prepared surface with a roller or sponge brush.
- Do at least 2 coats to be certain of full and even coverage.
- When dry, smooth with 150-grit sandpaper.
- To condition rub side of chalk over the whole area and then wipe with a barely damp cloth.
This is something I want to try. Check out Raising Olive’s post on this to see examples of how this turns out!